Sunday, September 20, 2009

Disenchanted Youth = Key to Style Success



When my husband and I were trying to find a neighborhood to call home I was determined to look into areas outside of the 5 mile radius around my beloved family house in Bay Village. I even ventured from gasp - West to East! Some people in Cleveland think the invisible fence makes this impossible but when we stumbled about Coventry Road I was completely hooked. I had been living in the Alphabet City section of Manhattan; ABC style is marked by Ramones t-shirts and converse, on 4 year olds, and an anything goes mentality. While strolling on the Cov and sipping a Phoenix coffee the ultimate sign hit me over the head with it's perfection - American Apparel. While metallic leggings aren't always in my daily line up, I feel this retailer searches for locations that have the coolness-factor to appreciate their saucy ad images and hip window displays. I have found a comfort zone among the disenchanted youth on the street knowing that if I wake up one day and want to wear leg warmers with a spandex leotard - I should do it with my head held high!

No comments:

Post a Comment