Friday, December 4, 2009

The Rapid Transit


New York has the subway, DC the Metro, Chicago the El, London the Tube, Boston the T, and we have the Rapid - snazzy!

Last night I was minding my own business driving home when whack! The car behind me just slammed into me out of the blue. Since moving back from New York I have gotten comfortable with a cooler style knowing that I don't have to bundle up to walk a mile to get to the train. When I got out of my little car last night scantily clad in a cute blazer, skinny black pants and sling back Miu Miu's with toe cleavage I found myself racing through my trunk for something, anything, of my old cosmopolitan life, a spare Ugg I forgot to take out, a coat, help! Luckily no one was hurt and I'm leaving now to pick up my rental car but I'm thinking today that I need to let Cleveland public transportation play a bigger role in my life. Maybe the rapid can be sketchy at times and you have to be on the look out but if we all started using it we wouldn't have to run into each other with giant machines everyday and maybe we would enjoy being more social and green? Lucky for me I was going about 30 mph and Tigers wife wasn't there with a golf club but it kind of makes you wonder... go to http://www.riderta.com/ for schedules. Have a fun and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment