Monday, October 5, 2009

Save on Bridal Attire and Look Great? I do!


No matter what the year brings fiscally, when you're getting married you want to have the best fashion moment of your life - preferably without thinking of a budget. I got engaged shortly after the big bank/AIG meltdown and knew that while 'love don't cost a thing' it could change the way I approached just how gluttonous I would be when deciding on my wardrobe for the big day. I think I found great solutions for getting exactly what I wanted while keeping an eye on price tags.

Bridesmaids: I went with classic little black dresses for $50 from Isaac Mizrahi for Target (prounounced Tar-jay ;) I gave these to them as their gift as I think it's a great staple for their wardrobe and more useful than the little jewelry box bridesmaids gifts bridal magazines are always pushing. I made it more custom by picking up vintage brooches.

Groom's Look: Rather than a rented tux that didn't fit quite right, Chris invested in beautiful Hugo Boss suit at a department warehouse sale and had it altered to fit him perfectly. Not only did he look great - he has an amazing suit for special occasions to come giving it extra value. His cuff links came from the Banana Republic outlet at Aurora Farms where he also picked up matching ties for his groomsmen.

The Bride: I found an Angel Sanchez dress at a sample sale for half price that was made out of a beautiful silk mikado fabric and had great detailing but an unflattering silhouette. I picked it up and was able to invest a little of my savings on the price tag in good tailoring and making it strapless. Fashion Tailoring on Cedar Rd (216) 371-5500, they're kind of amazing. "Before" runway look below.

No comments:

Post a Comment