Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Sweetest Things


I'm obsessed with Mad Men like everyone else on the planet and I love January Jones and think Betty Draper is my dream girl. Ok, nothing new there. BUT - I was super excited when she said in an interview that her first job was working at Dairy Queen like yours truly! I mixed up quite a few Blizzards at the Dover Center location in Bay. I think that all of the candy choices and sweet confections can inspire true creativity and should be on any stylish girls list of necessities. In honor of the women in the 50's who did not go to the gym and loved their Joan-like figures I picked out a few of my favorite Cleveland brands that have inspired me with deliciousness!

# 1. Mitchell's Ice Cream. Try the peanut butter cup sundae with chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream. Tastes better when shared with a friend. Go to www.mitchellshomemade.com for a store near you!

#2. Pierre's Ice Cream. I love "Everything but the kitchen sink" and "Ice Cream Sandwich" (Second one is currently half empty in our freezer - or half full depending on how you look at it!). Available at most grocery stores but Marc's has the best deals.
 
#3. Malley's Chocolate.  I love the Sweet William sundae and any of the candy bars. Honestly what doesn't taste good on a pink carousel? For locations go to www.malleys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment