Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Doing Cool When it's Cold

My husband was making fun of me this weekend because I didn't want to walk to dinner at Nighttown on Cedar Fairmount in my jeans and pumps: "Heels with Pants are superfluous, you're uncomfortable and no one can even see your shoes!" This is true though you definitely don't walk or feel the same in flats as you do in heels - but it's hard to show those stilettos off when temps don't permit polka dots and a mini dress. I looked to ultimate cool girls, French Vogue's Carine Roitfeld and Emmanuelle Alt, on Style.com for elements of wintery chic where the last piece added to the outfit is just as noticeable as the first. Key ingredients: Black - denim, wool, leather, embellished, boots, jackets... They're awesome:




No comments:

Post a Comment