Friday, October 9, 2009

Flower Power




Since I moved in to our grown up house I have had a great time painting and adding style to each nook and cranny of our home. Unfortunately for the garden area it looks as though we never showed up. I decided that since it is Fall maybe I could practice with some perennials in my empty/weedy planters. Two things could happen 1. They make it a few weeks to keep things colorful as the weather gets cold without four months of pressure to do keep them up or 2. They die because I forgot to water them or lack a green thumb while I blame the cold Cleveland weather so I don't feel bad. Either way I don't think I could lose!

I tuned in to Martha Stewart for tips on planters, her rules: Fill planter with 1. Thriller 2. Filler 3. Spiller. This means I need a thriller, something for height, impact. I chose the "blue fortune" version of an anise hyssop. For the filler, I picked mums in a deep purple and yellow. The spiller is a Heuchera plant, they are big pretty red leaves. I will see what happens but so far so good!

1 comment:

  1. Looks better! I think I am going to get some bright yellow mums to brighten up our patio :)

    ReplyDelete