Monday, October 26, 2009

Shop Talk: Knuth's



I think I have been a fan of Knuth's since... forever. When I was younger I used to be drawn in by all the baubles and cozy free people sweaters (I had to wear a uniform to high school, the sweaters I wore over the polo were my only style statement) and now I fall for their great selection of dresses, denim, and of course... the shoes! We checked in with Knuth's Sherri Knuth Bryan to learn more about the store:


What is the difference between your East Side inventory in Pepper Pike and your West Side inventory in Westlake?
Our Eastside store is much bigger, and so is the inventory. The Westside has the same goods as the East, but the Eastside as more. There are some items at Landerwood that Westlake does not have at all.


I remember when Seven for all Mankind first came out with Swarovski studded jeans and I was able to find them first at Knuth - how do you you know which trends will be a hit in Cleveland and which to skip?
I don’t always know! Years of experience and reading every fashion magazine help. I also try to imagine the real “wearability” of every trend…some are flattering (or pretty like the crystal studded jeans) and others are not. I avoid the ones that seem difficult for a real person to wear!


Who is the Knuth customer?
The Knuth Customer is terrific! She’s contemporary. She is interested in the trends, but not too trendy. She likes variety in looks and prices.  She is interested in good service. She wants to look up to date, but not like she’s wearing a costume. She is every age from a Junior to a hip Grandmother.


What do you like about the style in Cleveland? How would you like to challenge it?
I am not really interested in challenging style in Cleveland. I think we do a good job of dressing in a cool, updated way. I do challenge customers to find better looks and prices in other cities. I have customers from New York, LA and Chicago who shop regularly with us. They get asked all the time where they get their great wardrobes! I get worked up when people from Cleveland say they need to shop in other cities to find great clothes.


What is your best selling piece/brand in the store right now?
A few things: Frye boots, AG legging style jeans and skinny cords, Ugg boots, Tory Burch shoes and wristlet bags, boyfriend blazers, Michael Stars boyfriend T shirts.

Thanks Sherri!  We will see you there soon! 
Knuth’s – Landerwood Plaza, 30619 Pinetree Rd, Pepper Pike, Ohio 44124 – 216.831.1116
Knuth's - Jefferson Square, 26141 Detroit Avenue, Westlake, Ohio 44145 - 440.871.7800

No comments:

Post a Comment